Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Westminster and Heidelberg

My favorite book, besides the Bible, is the Westminster Confession of Faith. It is a great summary of the Reformed doctrine, and I find it helpful, not just with understanding a particular strand of doctrine, but also in having the doctrine influence my faith.

Along with that is the Heidelberg Catechism ... some characterize this as being more 'warm' than the Westminster. I think they are both strong - but, I do find that the Heidelberg is probably more geared towards the heart than the mind.

When you put these 2 together, you form a very strong foundation of the richnesss of the Reformed faith in your mind and heart. I would encourage you to dig into the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Heidelberg Catechism - and I believe you will be the better because of it!

1 comment:

Benjamin P. Glaser said...

After Westminster I have an affinity for large parts of the Second Helvetic Confession. Heidelberg is good as well.